7 things you probably didn’t know about me…
Today I wanted to write a blog post that is a bit different… Most of it has nothing to do with Internet Marketing or Making Money Online (at least directly) but I hope that it will help you to understand where I came from and where I am now and hopefully get some inspiration!
Here are 7 things you probably didn’t know about me:
1) Now I’m working as a Full Time Internet Marketer but I had a 9 to 5 job for over 13 years… I started working as a Bartender when I was 18 (yes, in Europe it’s legal) and my last real job was as a Bar Manager in a 5 star resort, here in the south of Portugal. I went through the typical career ladder, as you would as a blue collar worker – I was a bartender, supervisor, assistant manager and finally manager. Most people would be happy to reach a management position but I always knew that I wanted to do something else and not be working for someone else for the rest of my life…
2) Apart of my Online Business, I’m still running my offline business – an Events Company. We work mainly when the touristic season is in it’s full, which makes us work around 5 months a year. That is a perfect mix between my online and offline work because of how flexible my online working hours are! I literally couldn’t be happier with how everything fell into place.
3) I have a 17 month old daughter named Laura. After she was born I had to change most of my work habits but it all worked out for the best! I used to work very late (10pm-3am or so) but after she was born I was simply too tired in the end of the day to do any creative work… Now I’m waking up before she does (around 4-5am) and going to bed according to her schedule (9-10pm). This was a major change for me, especially having worked as a bartender for all these years but I’ve actually discovered that early in the morning is when I’m the most productive and creative!
4) I have a degree in English and I actually worked as an English teacher or a few weeks – but totally hated it :). This has pushed me on a path of making money online – I made my first money using the internet doing translations and proofreading jobs. I never really wanted to do that full time for a long time but it was great to see that you can make money using nothing else than your skills and a laptop – this opened a whole new world of possibilities for me.
5) I live in Portugal since 2008 (I’m originally from Poland) and over the years I’ve also lived in the US (in Cleveland, Ohio) and the UK (in Oxford). My wife is Portuguese so I’m definitely staying here 🙂
6) I have a younger sister and a younger brother… My sister is finishing her Law degree and she wants to work as a Judge and my brother just finished High School and still tries to figure out what he wants to do (maybe I can push him on the amazing path of online business!)
7) The first online course that I’ve officially released was about making money on Fiverr. I believe in only releasing courses that are backed up 100% by my own experience – no fluff or BS. Unfortunately not all of the marketers out there believe in the same principals… that’s why before I promote anything, I always go through the whole course to make sure that the quality of the information inside is up to my standards!
That’s it… hopefully you managed to get to know me a bit better and understand where I’m coming from 🙂
I’d love to hear about your story, so make sure to leave a comment below – if you have any questions, I’ll make sure to answer them ASAP.